Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!





I can hardly believe it! I am officially engaged. I was totally shocked when Sean asked me. It was on Friday, September 19th that he 'popped' the question. He sent me a text in the morning that said not to make plans because we were going to his sisters with a few other people for pizza. Just bring $3.00 and myself. So, I got off work around 6:15pm and ran a few errands to kill time. Around 7:15 Sean called me and said if I wanted to just come over now it was fine with his sister, Crystal. So I headed over, and when I pulled up in front of their house I noticed that Sean's brother Jeff, his gf Kendrea, and Juan's brother Gabe weren't there yet, and they are ALWAYS early. It wasn't anything big though, just unusual and I really didn't think anything of it. Sean met me at the door and said "Everyone is in the back yard". I knew that "everyone" was not even there yet, and then I noticed that Juan and Crystal's kitchen table was missing from it's usual place in the dining room. Sean was obvious when he lied and said it was broke. Haha! Still, I wasn't expecting what I got when he opened the back door. As soon as he did I realized what was going on. On the patio was the table, set for dinner. It was covered in rose petals(so was the patio), and there were candles on it too. White lights were all around the patio and music was playing softly.....I immediately started crying. He had gone to a very nice(also pricey) Italian restaurant and bought a nice dinner, had apple cider in glasses...yes....in wine glasses.....and cheesecake for dessert. Of course roses for me as well. Haha. I won't go into the specifics of what was said but he asked me to marry him and I could hardly respond because I was crying and so shocked! He did and awesome job! And thank you Crystal for helping him decorate and letting him use your house. We never even saw Juan and Crystal, just enjoyed a romantic candle lit dinner alone. So, there you have it! And the wedding will be in March, we haven't set a date though.


15 comments:

sisterbubbles said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kendrea Farias Neufeld said...

I can't believe it, I just put in my blog that I am so excited for you two, I feel like I am the one getting married!! Can't wait for the exciting wonderful days of planning and seeing you stressed come :o) Love you both!

marisa luke said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :)

Whitney Ward said...

Congrats Megan!!!!!! =)

Brittany Rivers said...

YAAAAAY!!!!!! MANY MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SOSOSOSO excited for you!!! I know how you feel! ;-) My feet still haven't touched the ground! Oh my I'm so happy for you! :-)

Keep us updated with a date and if you have a wedding website =)

Rustyn and Lisa Sorah said...

CONGRATS MEG! Being married is the best funnest thing in life...! I'm excited for you guys.... can't wait to come for the wedding, wish I could be closer to help plan.

The Weidners said...

Aww that is so awesome! Congrats congrats!!! ;o)

Amyan said...

MEGAN! Congrats girlie...I am excited for you two...because you are being rewarded for living for God and staying in His will! WooHoo! I can't wait to see you in your dress...you'll be so beautiful...and I guess Sean will look nice in his tux...lol Much love girl...AMYAN

Rachel R said...

Hi Megan! I don't think I've ever met you, but I know the Neufeld's from when we went to the same church in Canada. I just wanted to say congratulations to you and Sean!! You two look like such a nice couple.

All the best!!

~Rachel

Jen Freeman said...

Megan-

Congrats! How exciting!! I have to agree with Lisa, being married is the best thing! Hope to see you soon.

Jen Freeman

Heidi Condren said...

Congratulaitons!!! I heard the news from shawn and candace! I am soo happy for the both of you!

Tarrah Misu said...

Congrats Girl, he did good!! :)

Andrew Dillon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I kept hearing rumors that it was coming, but now it's true. :) That's awesome!!

Amyan said...

I TAGGED YOU... SISAMYAN.BLOGSPOT.COM WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!!!

HalexisF said...

Congrats!! I am SO happy for you:)
Love and miss you!!! :)